Sunday, June 29, 2008

Forget the Cheeseburger, Drop Resentments

There's so many things tied into your health. Yesterday, I mentioned how wonderful music is to your health. We can listen to music that calms, and even music that gets us pumped up to do something like climb a hill. The song I shared in the post helped me remember what's most important...and that is a healthy thing as well.

Last night, as I was reading my Life Recovery Bible, it occured to me how resentments can be so unhealthy. Holding onto resentments, especially for too long, can weigh you down as if you are carrying 1,000 pounds on your back.

So, in my journey to lose a bunch of weight I'm awakening to the fact that our desire for good health is about an overall package of doing the right things. One of them being the fact that we need to shed resentments ASAP!

This is the part that struck me most about my reading last night:

When we look at all that God has forgiven us, it makes sense to choose to forgive others. This also frees us from the torture of festering resentment. We can't change what others have done to us, but we can write off their debts and become willing to make amends.

Yes, torture! How healthy is that? So, not only am I going to eat better (forget the cheesburger), listen to music more, exercise more...I'm going to get rid of resentments!

An uncle of mine once told me that our lives are like art. There's a lot we have to create as we go. It's great that not only do we have so many "artists" among us, but we have a life manual as well...the Bible!

One other thing I want to mention about resentments. There's books and more books about how to deal with resentments. One that you might consider is by Max Lucado...and I love the title - Traveling Light:Releasing the Burdens You Were Never Intended to Bear. While reading, you'll see how important it is to drop the suitcase of resentments.

If you are interested in getting a copy of the Life Recovery Bible, you can get it at Amazon just by clicking here.

I haven't weighed myself yet this morning. I plan on having an egg burrito with lite cheese in a corn tortilla...I'll let you know the calorie breakdown in my next post. (And of the cheeseburger I'm NOT going to have today!)

Go have an awesome Sunday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your an inspiration. Keep it up ('er - down). Loved the music as well.

Alexander said...

Thank you RS! Did you sleep well? I mean with that pizza in your stomach and 'all!?