Monday, June 30, 2008

Burning Off Donut Calories

As we continue in this saga, TheBigRuski Goes Healthy...and eats a donut along the way, we ask: How do we burn off the calories from an old-fashioned chocolate covered donut?

More specifically, how did I? How did I burn off 250 calories.

I did not, as the TheDailyPlate.com "recommends," do steel mill work, removing slag for 11 minutes. Nor did I play music on a guitar, standing for 39 minutes. I was thinking about officiating a basketball game for 17 minutes...but I thought that might interupt the flow of the game if I faked an injury at the 17-minute mark.

Nope, today I walked 30 minutes at a fairly slow pace. I'm nursing a bad back and can not really pound it out without being in some pain. So, that's what I did...walked for 30 minutes slowly.

Did I burn off the donut calories?

Well, not exactly, according to the TheDailyPlate.com, I burned off 130 calories. That's 120 calories short!

Am I going to cry? No. I will just carry on...you should, too!

TheBigRuski's Marketplace Notes: I finished my bottle of MonaVie tonight. I take 2 ounces in the morning and night. It might not be the "miracle juice," but I tell you what, it works for me. I'm not a big fruit eater and this makes up for it! Find out more about the 19-fruit blend at MonaVie.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going for a walk seems like the best way to burn off those calories. A 30 minute walk every day helped me to drop 20 lbs in two months!

Alexander said...

Thanks majik...very encouraging!

Chelle Blögger said...

Walking is great but for me, swimming is my favorite calorie burning activity.

Hmm, actually it is my 2nd favorite lol. ;)

Anonymous said...

I've been walking 30 minutes every morning, too. Three times around my block. I like to be done by 6:30 at the latest. I have a lot more energy during the day, and I hope some pounds will vanish as well. Hang tough!--Zoomer

Alexander said...

Thanks all! offended...you flirt you!

Sky Snowy Owl said...

Thanks for share! very encouraging, I am a donut lover myself! Gosh! Its hard to stay away from those delicious devils! LOL