Monday, June 30, 2008

I Ate a Donut

I've got a good news/bad news story for you. Which one do you want to hear first? Well, actually, now that I think of it, I did tell you the bad news one yesterday...I ate a donut...the old-fashioned chocolate covered kind.

And, as promised, I'll give you a nutritional breakdown on the donut...

Calories 250 Calories from Fat 100

% Daily Value *
Total Fat 11g (17%)
Saturated Fat 4.5g (22%)
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 5mg (2%)
Sodium 190mg (8%)
Total Carbohydrate 36g (12%)
Dietary Fiber 1g (4%)
Sugars 23g
Protein 2g (4%)

Do I feel guilty? Yes, well a little bit. But, afterall that was so yesterday, and today is today.

So how can I burn off these donut calories? I could burn off the 250 calories from this Old-Fashioned Glazed Chocolate Donut in a variety of ways:

Steel Mill Work - removing slag for 11 minutes

Music - playing guitar, standing for 39 minutes

Officiating - basketball for 17 minutes

source: TheDailyPlate.com

Hmmmm...wonder where I could find steel mill work in Orange County, Calif.?

Now the good news. I had a protein shake for breakfast. I always feel lighter for most of the day after starting my morning like that. I'm going to give you the recipe for this great tasting shake packed with protein later.

Sunday ended being a wash as far as counting calories. I did some counting, but it was at the Barn Dance BBQ I attended that I gave up. However, I will say that I did not have seconds on anything! Believe me, it was tempting. Afterwards, I took a 1/2 hour walk by the pier. Awesome summere evening!

Have a good Monday...and a great week!

BTW, what's slag?

_______________

TheBigRuski's Marketplace

Someone say nuts? Get almonds, healthy and delicious, in over 40 varieties at NutsOnline.com.

Almonds, healthy and delicious, in over 40 varieties at NutsOnline.com.

No comments: