Saturday, June 28, 2008

I Ate Almonds

So, begins my journey to a healthier and less-weight me. Today, I weighed in at 287. I'm 6'3"...and wear it well...BTW!

A few hours ago I ate about 2 ounces of almonds. That's about 340 calories...270 which are fat calories, or 30 grams of fat, or 46% of my recommended daily fat intake.

Wow! Should I be discouraged? No...I'm not going to be. The journey is just getting started!

_______________

TheBigRuski's Marketplace

Someone say nuts? Get almonds, healthy and delicious, in over 40 varieties at NutsOnline.com.

Almonds, healthy and delicious, in over 40 varieties at NutsOnline.com.

Want to be a part of my journey? Start out by trying Boca Java!

Boca Java Signature Sampler

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

But is it good fat? Plus the rest of the calories must be protein and a little carbs. Carbs give you energy to exercise, and muscle from the protein burns fat. So you're even.

Now if I could only rationalize the pizza I just finished. Well, it is a well-rounded meal.

Alexander said...

@RB...thanks for being my first comment in my new blog! Luv ya!

Alexander said...

Ooops! I meant to say @RS!

Alexander said...

Pizza is less calories if you eat it on a weekend night!

Kathleen Blanchard said...

Excellent! Almonds are very very good for you. Eat a handful everyday.

Alexander said...

Thanks Kathleen! I'm going to have to check out your blog!