Monday, July 21, 2008

I Ate a Breakfast Croissant From Jack in the Box

These days, when I succumb to an urge to go to a drive-thru for fast food, I feel terrible. This morning, Jack in the Box was my destination...and a breakfast croissant was my sin of choice. It was convenient, fast, and "sustained" me for my drive this morning.

What was the damage from that croisant (filled with egg, cheese, ham, and bacon)? Well...Calories 450...Calories from Fat 225


% Daily Value *
Total Fat 25g (38%)
Saturated Fat 9g (45%)
Trans Fat 3.5g
Cholesterol 235mg (78%)
Sodium 860mg (36%)
Potassium 240mg (7%)
Total Carbohydrate 36g (12%)
Dietary Fiber 1g (4%)
Sugars 5g
Protein (0%)

Arrrrgh! Way too much fat! That is not going healthy!

What does TheDailyPlate.com say I need to do to get rid of those bad calories?

Running: 6.7 mph (9 min/mile) for 15 minutes

Swimming: crawl, +y75+ per min (vigorous) for 19 minutes

Accordion: playing for 116 minutes

Well, I'll probably just go for a walk for 1/2 hour tonight. I am doing better as far as staying away from fast food joints. But, this morning I slipped. Meanwhile, anyone know how to get rid of those Jack in the Box cravings? BTW...the coffee was pretty good!

DIGG story!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You would actually have to run for atleast 30 minutes. If you weigh 200lbs, you burn 1000 calories in an hour. If you weigh 140lbs, you burn only 670.

Anonymous said...

To get rid of the Jack in the Box Cravings, move to Costa Rica!
We don´t have any here, and it happens to be one of my favorites.
My son misses the Sourdough Jack.
Yvette