Saturday, July 5, 2008

Too Much Cheddar

Coming up on a week of TheBigRuski Goes Healthy and looking back, its been a roller coaster. Yes, I ate almonds for snacks, but it was too many of them. Too much fat...even if it is healthy fat.


I ate a breakfast burrito one morning, cooked it myself and it was pretty healthy. But on another morning I had a breakfast burrito from Rose's Donuts and Cafe, and even though I had them make it with egg whites, there was too much cheddar cheese.

I estimate I ate about a 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese in dat thar burrito. That comes to 266 calories, 22 fat grams, and 70 mg of cholesterol. Too much, too much, too much!

Then there was the Mudd Pie, but it was my birthday...calorie trade off? Not really, unless you also believe that there are no calories if you don't finish it all.

Then, comes 4th of July, and I'm off to the races with Super Nachos from Gringos, and then at a friend's barbecue: a cheeseburger, 1.5 brat sausages, potato salad, guacomole and chips, and a slice of blueberry pie...oh, and 1.5 grape flavored Crush sodas.

So, now we come to the day-after 4th, and I'm doing pretty good. I'm not going to break it down now, but I will say this...I had a shot of wheatgrass and an acai super antioxident from Jamba Juice for a late-morning snack.

Then, getting back to the week in review, there's the exercise. I increased the number of times I walked, and on a couple of occasions went for more than the half-hour duration I had alloted myself. So, although not impressive, the exercise was somewhat consistent and improved.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I rate my week a 6. TheBigRuski went mediocre, but my resolve is strong!

Hope you had a great 4th...and a healthy dose of fun!

4 comments:

Chelle Blögger said...

"Then, comes 4th of July, and I'm off to the races with Super Nachos from Gringos, and then at a friend's barbecue: a cheeseburger, 1.5 brat sausages, potato salad, guacomole and chips, and a slice of blueberry pie...oh, and 1.5 grape flavored Crush sodas."

Tsk tsk! Holidays always seem to be a dieter's downfall.

Not that I'd know, I've never been on a diet lol.

Brian H. Gill said...

Right. About the burrito, I mean.

I like fast food, just about anything fried - but have to admit that food's better when you make it yourself.

MYM said...

You're just too obsessed about it all for me, LOL. Enjoy life ... live short & get out before you have to wear diapers again ... that' my motto.

Alexander said...

It's not so much that I'm on a diet. I am attempting a lifestyle change. I know that sounds cliche, but it's like when you've used credit cards all your life and now it's time not to use credit cards.