Wednesday, July 2, 2008

It's My Birthday...and I Ate Mudd Pie Last Night!

I like to do everything in excess...apparently.


My birthday is today, but the celebration started last night when a friend I've known for 20-plus years took me out to dinner. It was at a pier restaurant...very romantic spot, but my friend is a dude, so sorry, no stories to tell from that aspect.

So...although I never ordered a main course, this is what I had:

Freshly baked sourdough bread - 3 slices
Butter - 3 tabs
Oysters Rockefeller - 5 oysters with the sauce that includes spinach
Steamed Clams with drawn butter - about 8 small suckers
Mudd Pie - half of a gargantuan piece, that I am going to say was for me about 10 ounces of Mocha ice cream, 2 tablespoons of cream and chocolate syrup, 1 tablespoon of Oreo crust.

I didn't step on the scales today. However, we did walk up and down some hills close to the beach for about 20 minutes.

What's the moral of the story? Don't make every day a birthday celebration day, but don't freak out if you extend your "celebration"....a bit!

Have an awesome day...fill you in on the rest of the birthday eatings later.

P.S. I just realized I probably could have saved a million calories by not putting butter on my bread or pouring drawn butter on my clams.

8 comments:

Chaffee Street Cafe` said...

If you had left off the butter, it wouldn't have tasted quite so good. Buttered bread is one of the finer things in life. Happy Birthday.

Anonymous said...

I always like to extend my birthdays ... we have birthday weekends at our house to where we do nothing but eat out.

(But then it's the treadmill every day the next week!)

Happy B-day!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Oh my...that is one BIG piece of Mud pie! Cheers :o)

Alexander said...

When the Mudd pie was brought to the table everyone around was staring at it and me...it was sooo tall!

I announced "Hey, it's my birthday!" and hinting I don't eat this way all the time...thankfully!

mantiz said...

happy b'day!
we have a real blast at our hostel at every birthday. It starts with Beating up the Birthday Boy!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I went to dinner with a male friend to "The Fisherman" on the end of the Newport Beach peir. People tend to just assume you're gay there. Anyways, I had the halibut.

Happy Birthday!

MYM said...

So ... this is where all the eating takes place that you talk about ;)

Wow, that looks good ... I'm allergic to chocolate tho! :(

Alexander said...

Want to thank all of you for the wishes and great comments!